Senior Tanker Agent / Team Leader
Job Description and Person Specification
Title: Senior Tanker Agent / Team Leader
Job Ref: AMS / ROT – Amsterdam based (Rotterdam satellite)
Reporting to: Agency Manager
Reportees: Ships Agency Operators
· To support the Company in providing an effective, confidential service to its users maintaining a Best Value approach to the service.
· The requirements and changes within the trade are such that you need to be able to work within a team environment, ensuring that colleagues are aware of their responsibilities and able to provide a high level of customer service with both principals and service companies.
· Confidentiality relating to clients business as well as in-house systems and business practice is paramount.
· To focus on tanker agency services within the region.
· To provide training and development to operations staff.
· To assist with development of new business (Tankers) within the region.
· Preparing and setting up of vessels in accordance with QA requirements and utilization of in-house agency system.
· Follow Company procedures in accordance with the Port Agency Manual and Departmental Working Instructions and with regard to compliance with Key Performance Indicators (2017). Review such procedures on a regular basis in order to maintain familiarity with them.
· Communicating with principals, harbour authorities, service companies and other associated parties in a timely manner to meet requirements given.
· Ensure documentation is completed correctly.
· Completion of official formalities (Customs, Immigration)
· Completion of company documentation and updating of in-house database.
· Boarding vessels
· Processing Invoices
· Arranging all husbandry requirement (stores, water, doctors etc.,)
Company Policy, procedures and orders:
Comply at all times with
· Current Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies.
· Employment Law requirements;
· The organisation’s Bribery & Corruption Policy;
· The organisation’s Security Policy;
· QA procedures as laid out in the Company Quality Manual; Act in accordance with all other company policies and procedures as well as instructions issued by the Ships Agency Manager
· Agree annually with the Ships Agency Manager the main purposes of the department, the essential
activities and agree achievable results
· To train and develop the tanker operations team.
· To Develop with support from the commercial team new business in the region.
· Produce documents for subordinates showing:
o Main purposes of department;
o Essential activities;
o Expected Results
· Maintain morale, effectiveness and efficiency in the department;
· Keep staff trained with focus on tanker agency;
· Deploy staff so that their abilities and potential are used to the combined advantage of the company and staff;Assets
· Keep physical assets in good repair and, in the case of machinery, performing at the agreed standard;
· Protect cash and equipment from theft or misuse;
· Protect confidential information about or in the possession of the company.
· Provide correct information for
o Superiors, either directly or through other departments
o Subordinates to enable them to carry out essential activities.
· Keep yourself informed of new developments in your own field, evaluate these and recommend
consequential changes when appropriate;
· Use the services of specialist staff to maintain consistent standards throughout the company;
· Execute the responsibilities of the job role according to lawful and ethical standards;
· Any other duties/tasks as reasonably requested by the Ships Agency Manager
Specific Job Skills:
· Confidentiality relating to clients’ business as well as in-house systems and business practice is paramount.
· Tanker Agency experience for ARA is essential for this position.
· Excellent working relations with clients/potential clients within the tanker segment.
· Thoroughly understands all aspects of requisite documentation
· Time and organisational skills
· Good telephone manner and technique
· Have the ability to follow a QA System and take pride in their work
· Applicants should be friendly, helpful and possess good social skills to deal with Customers, Agents and Suppliers at a direct level.
· Good general health
· Present excellent company image to both customers and staff;
· Customer orientated;
· Cheerful, willing and positive disposition;
· Able to work as part of a team but be prepared to take responsibility for own tasks;
· Confident and patient with Customers, Agents, Suppliers and rest of team;
· Acceptable to people at all levels in the organisation;
· Reliable and supportive
· Able to work without close supervision
· Patient and steady under pressure
· Ability to prioritise competing tasks and strict deadlines.
· Must be able to commute reliably to office base.
· Able to work to rota outside normal office hours
· Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
· Full Dutch Driving Licence with maximum 3 penalty points
· Must be able to travel within the UK, Netherlands and Overseas as required.
Must be adept in use of:
· MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word;
· Access or similar database to basic level as well as
· Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy:
· must be numerate and good with words both written and spoken